Rod Myers (58), (Founder/Executive Director)
Mr. Myers has more than 30 years of professional broadcasting experience, with particular focus on sports betting and related topics. He has worked as a sports betting consultant on various projects during his career, his last being Director of Sportsbook Operations for a Virginia-based startup. Rod also worked in the sports department of both the Houston Post and the Houston Chronicle. Mr. Myers is former host of a Las Vegas based sports betting television show “Inside Sports” and co-host of “Football Forecast”. He also previously hosted a nightly radio program titled “Sports Corner”, which broadcast sports betting content to radio stations in 10 states. He also has extensive publishing experience with periodicals that cover the genre. Rod’s love for the sports gambling industry was too strong to stay away, so he ventured back into the business. Thus became the creation of Sports Gaming Media. Sports Gaming Media focuses all of its efforts into creating the ultimate fan-essential gambling experience while providing wagering information to the general public. Through it various platforms, the company also distributes several sports-betting based publications, audio and video related content. Sports Gaming Media also places an emphasis on data, stats, and sports odds distribution.
Business Career Overview
• 1982-1995: Hotel Industry – Worked in the Accounting and Finance department as an Income Auditor with such brands as Holiday Inn, Sheraton, Hilton, Marriot and AmeriSuites.
• 2007-2021: Tv/Film Industry – Worked as a Studio Manager, Stage Manager and Booking Agent.
Broadcast/Journalism Career Overview
• 1982-1983: Friday Night football reporter for a local radio in his hometown.
• 1993-1995: Sports Agate writer for the Houston Post, then Houston Chronicle (bought out the Post)
• 1993-1996: Co-host of the Michaels, Miller, and Myers show on KJOJ-880AM in Houston. Rod also co-hosted an evening show with Ralph Cooper and James “Baseball” Montgomery on KCOH 1230 AM also in Houston.
• 1997-1999: Sports Writer job for the gambling newspaper, Vegas Sports & Gaming.
• 1999-2001: Developed, created, wrote, produced, directed and hosted his own TV show called “Inside Sports w/Rod Myers”. Airing five nights a week from 7 pm – 8 pm on America One affiliate KEEN-TV17. The show ran from 1999-2001, and covered every aspect of the sports world, including sports wagering. The show was the top ranked program for the local station from month three of its inception to the final episode, a span of nearly 2 years.
• 2001-2003: Co-Host of “Sports Corner”, broadcasting from Sunset Station Casino and airing on the Cable Radio Network based in Los Angeles. Shared hosting duties with Danielle Fishel of “Boy Meets World” fame.